A healthy and sustainable community where residents are empowered and engaged.
Rexdale Community Hub’s mission is to provide an accessible, welcoming space with collaborative, integrated services and programs to enrich every aspect of the community’s life.
- Accessibility – We are committed to ensuring that access to appropriate and acceptable services and resources within the Hub is promoted and ensure that inequities in health and well-being are addressed.
- Accountability – We are accountable to the community for the actions and services of the Hub. We will ensure program and services reflect identified community needs, integrate community resources and as partners, we will effectively dedicate our collective resources to this end.
- Community Engagement – We are committed to provide stakeholders in the community opportunities to participate in decision-making through processes designed to identify, understand, and address community needs on an ongoing basis.
- Diversity – We are committed to inclusion and value and respect the differences found in our community. We demonstrate this understanding through sensitivity, culturally competent and inclusive practices and policies that include individuals from diverse groups in our decision making, information sharing, access to services, governance and employment.
- Equity – We are committed to ensuring that all people reach their full potential and are not disadvantaged from attaining it because of their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, age, social class, socio-economic status, or other socially determined circumstance.
- Excellence – We strive to provide the best and most appropriate programs and services to the community. We listen carefully to the needs of the community, seek the resources to respond to these needs, and implement programs and services with the highest standards.
- Sustainability – We will measure, improve, and be accountable for our environmental, financial, social, health and well-being results.
Our Present Hub Partners
Albion Neighbourhood Services
Delta Family Resource Centre
Rexdale Community Health Centre
Rexdale Community Legal Clinic
Rexdale Women’s Centre
Toronto Employment and Social Services
Find out more about our services.
Our Present Board Members
Abraham Abbey 2014 – Present
Desree Prince 2014 – Present
Fatima Filippi 2013 – Present
Safia Ahmed 2013 – Present
Shermeen Farooqi 2019 – Present
Yodit Edemariam 2019 – Present
Our Present Team Members
Amanda Griselda Nandugwa
City of Toronto
United Way Greater Toronto
Afghan Kebob Cuisine
Al-Meezan Grocery and Halal Meat
Al-Meezan Spicy Grill
Ali Baba’s Middle Eastern Cuisine
BMO Financial Group
Caribbean Cuisine Authentic Jamaican Jerk
Department of Geography and Planning, University of Toronto
Faculty of Medicine,University of Toronto
Feed the Frontlines TO
Feed it Forward Inc.
Fortinos, 330 Queens Plate Drive
Google Kitchener, Waterloo
IBM Canada Ltd.
Home Depot Branch #7114
Mushkaki Restaurants Inc.
ONE Toronto GAMING
Physics and Astronomy, York University
Repair Café Toronto
Royal Astronomical Society of Canada
Ryerson University (Department of Geography and Environmental Studies)
Seva Food Bank
Sheriff’s No Frills
The Salvation Army (Etobicoke Temple)
The STEPS Initiative
Toronto Community Benefits Network
Toronto and Region Conservation Authority (TRCA)
The Art of Wong Inc.