Working Together for You
There is something for everyone at the Rexdale Community Hub (RCH) – from preschool to seniors’ programs, residents’ engagement, a sense of community…and so much more.
Always feel free to drop by if you are in the neighbourhood!
In-house Partner Agency Services
A key ingredient that makes the Rexdale Community Hub special is collaboration. The Hub’s in-house community service partners work together to provide collaborative social services – all under one roof.
Some of the programs and services offered are:
- Career Planning and Job Search support including resume and cover letter writing, interview skills, labour market information, workshops, community agency presentations, and resources to support career planning such as job fairs information, training opportunities, community events, and computer/internet access
- Family Resource Programs such as parenting, playgroups, parent relief/child-minding, and parent drop-in
- Group Programs for Children and Youth including recreation, social, educational, and creative arts programs
- Housing Support such as eviction prevention
- Legal Services including landlord and tenant, income maintenance, worker’s compensation, employment insurance, criminal injuries compensation, system navigation, and referrals
- Primary Care (e.g., physician, nurses, chiropody, physiotherapy, dental), and health promotion (e.g., diabetes education), congregate dining and healthy cooking
- Resident Leadership, Civic Engagement, Public Legal Education
- Settlement Services and Programming for Newcomers such as information/referral, system navigation, assistance with forms, citizenship classes, language instruction, and seniors programs
- Women’s Services including short term supportive counselling and Violence Against Women and Crisis Intervention
We also offer:
- Bookable Multi-purpose Community Spaces: Designated for use by community residents, groups, and organizations such as basketball leagues, soccer clubs, yoga, dance, sewing, residents engagement/leadership groups, etc. Contact email@example.com to learn more on booking a space.
- A Collaborative Food Program serving weekly meals to children and youth from the Hub’s partner agencies. This initiative contributes to the wellness, healthy growth, and development of children and youth in our community
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) Club: Students participate in hands-on STEM activities, trips, and meet STEM professionals throughout the school year. Learn More!